Here you’ll find resources from Oakland County CISMA and other sources. Click the links to open documents or to visit associated web pages.
Resources for invasive species ID:
- Field Identification Guide to Invasive Plants in Michigan’s Natural Communities
- Detailed descriptions of invasive species along with photos.
- Midwest Invasive Species Information Network (MISIN) training modules
- State of Michigan invasive species hub
- Try out image-recognition software like the ones listed below:
INVASIVE SPECIES TREATMENT CONTRACTORS:
Note that terrestrial invasive species chemical control might include treatment of plants such as Phragmites, knotweed, swallow-wort and others. Note that aquatic invasive species chemical control might include control of plants rooted in water (i.e. Phragmites), floating on the water, or submerged plants (such as Eurasian watermilfoil).
Are you an invasive species or restoration contractor and want us to add your information? Contact Us!
Resources for farmer’s market managers:
Are these invasive species in your market? [PDF of color flyer]
Have questions about invasive species? Ask your local Cooperative Invasive Species Management Areas (CISMAs). [PDF of southeast MI CISMA contacts]
Have questions about what vendors are allowed to sell at your market? Ask your local Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) representative. [Link to MDARD contacts]